Uncompromising Excellence Since 1919.
Northeast College of Health Sciences is among the best academic institutions in the country, providing outstanding healthcare education for more than 100 years. Northeast’s academic programs in health sciences like chiropractic, nutrition, human anatomy & physiology instruction and more share a deep dedication to training healthcare professionals who reimagine health and transform lives.
A History of Excellence.
Dr. Frank Dean founded the Columbia Institute of Chiropractic (CIC) in 1919, first located in a small brownstone in Manhattan, New York, USA. Inthe 1950s, CIC grew through a merger with the Atlantic States Chiropractic Institute.
In the 1970s the Columbia Institute became New York Chiropractic College (NYCC), moved to Long Island, was granted an absolute charter by the New York State Board of Regents, and received accreditation of its Doctor of Chiropractic degree program by the Council on Chiropractic Education.
In 1991, NYCC moved its campus 300 miles northwest to the site of the former Eisenhower College in Seneca Falls, New York, in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of central New York state.
Beginning in 2002 a dramatic academic expansion resulted in the addition of graduate degrees including diagnostic imaging, applied clinical nutrition, clinical anatomy and human anatomy and physiology instruction. A baccalaureate degree completion program and various certificate programs round out the College's offerings.
The College also established the first-ever chiropractic residency in a Veterans Administration hospital. Success of this pilot program led to the establishment of five residency sites in VA hospitals across the country. Northeast serves as academic affiliate for two of these sites.
Beginning in 2010, the College embraced online education, offering several M.S. degrees entirely online. NYCC celebrated its 100th birthday in 2019, and officially became Northeast College of Health Sciences in 2021.
- Recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" nine consecutive years, from 2009-2017
- Named to The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Honor Rolls" eight consecutive years, from 2010-2017
- Recognized in 2017 by The Chronicle of Higher Education in 10 of the 11 categories for which we are eligible:
- Collaborative Governance
- Compensation & Benefits
- Confidence in Senior Leadership
- Workspace & Security
- Job Satisfaction
- Professional/Career Development Programs
- Respect and Appreciation
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship
- Teaching Environment
- Work/Life Balance
- Designated as having achieved Honor Roll status (indicating we scored in the very top tier of schools recognized) for eight consecutive years
- Received a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award site visit in 2009 - the only educational institution nationally to do so in that year
- Earned Empire State Advantage "Excellence at Work" Gold Award
- Selected as a Military Friendly School for 2010 and 2013 by G.I. Jobs magazine
- Earned "BBB" rating and stable outlook by Standard & Poor's