Mission & Values
Our College is committed to academic excellence, leadership and professional best practices in the health sciences.
At Northeast College of Health Sciences, we honor our heritage as a chiropractic institution and uphold the following values as a priority in all interactions. We use these tenets as guiding principles within our personal and professional lives:
Belonging: We seek to create a learning and working environment in which all members of our community are welcome and valued. We acknowledge each person's unique experience, perspective and ability as contributions that both enrich our community and enhance the professions and people we serve.
Inclusion: We dedicate ourselves to fostering a culture that is inclusive and accessible to the diverse needs and experiences of our community members. In order to create an environment in which all members feel valued and appreciated, we actively pursue opportunities to incorporate practices and policies that enhance and honor the vibrancy of these differences.
Respect: We strive to create and maintain an environment that is committed to the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion in all interactions. We commit ourselves to honesty, trust and fairness in all endeavors in alignment with the ethical standards of our professions. We acknowledge our personal responsibility in pursuing these ideals and welcome open dialogue and introspection.
Collaboration: We actively pursue and participate in opportunities to work and learn through interdisciplinary partnerships. We recognize the advantages afforded by effective collaboration and that in doing so, we achieve greater outcomes both individually and collectively. We remain dedicated to the professional success of our alumni and cultivating relationships with our stakeholders to enrich the professions and people we serve.
Learning: We embrace the core principles of an evidence‐based health sciences education. We engage in the continual process of lifelong learning, critical self‐reflection, demonstrated best practices and intellectual discourse. We commit ourselves to fostering innovative learning environments that both include and create opportunities for all members to achieve their fullest potential.
Institutional Learning Objectives.
As our mission statement outlines, the goal of the Northeast College of Health Sciences is to offer the highest quality education by ensuring that those completing our programs meet the following institutional learning objectives:
- Develop critical thinking skills using current evidence and practices to make informed decisions.
- Use information literacy skills to effectively locate, analyze and integrate information.
- Demonstrate effective forms of communication.
- Behave ethically, professionally and with integrity.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a collaborative interprofessional team.
- Display leadership skills applicable to the field of study.
- Conduct themselves in a caring and compassionate manner sensitive toward others of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings and application of chosen discipline.