Northeast College is committed to an evidence-informed, science-based approach to healthcare.
Northeast College provides opportunities for students and faculty to conduct cutting-edge research as principal investigators, co-investigators, research assistants and clinicians. Through expert investigations and independent research, we push our understanding of patient care by finding new, even better ways to treat not just the whole body, but the whole person.
Northeast is full of open doors. You simply have to walk through them.Dr. Steven Passmore
(D.C. '06) CCA 2020 RESEARCHER OF THE YEAR
Northeast students are dedicated to advancing healthcare, and we help you do that through the conducting of innovative research. You'll have the opportunity to get involved in research projects that will powerfully enhance your educational experience and make a real difference in the lives of real patients. Students may participate in research:
- As subjects in applied and clinical research projects.
- As research assistants on scholarly projects conducted by Northeast faculty.
- Through conducting independent research projects under the supervision of Northeast College of Health Sciences faculty.
- By writing and submitting grant applications for intramural and extramural funding.
- By writing and submitting research reports for publication.
Northeast faculty are both outstanding academics and excellent practitioners. They regularly lead research in basic sciences, clinical sciences and professional healthcare education. They are passionate in their commitment to working with students and colleagues on research that impacts the quality of patient care, and they regularly present their findings at conferences and in publications.
- Basic Sciences
- Craniofacial growth and development
- Human and comparative vertebrate bone histology
- Neurophysiology of spinal manipulation
- Clinical Sciences
- Clinical outcomes
- Patient-reported outcomes
- Physical function outcomes
- Spinal adjusting techniques
- Sport and human performance
- Clinical outcomes
- Professional Healthcare Education
- Student learning
- Case management skills
- Clinical problem-solving skills
- Diagnostic examination procedures
View the most recent conference presentations and publications from the Northeast faculty, students and staff:
As the dean my goal is to facilitate a strong professional environment and independent research, and provide faculty and students with the resources they need to be successful.Dr. Jeanmarie Burke
Dean of Faculty and Research