Health & Fitness
The Northeast College of Health Sciences is committed to the health of the whole body and whole person.
Northeast offers state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support our community in making their health a priority. From our health and fitness center to our intramural sports program and location in the Finger Lakes region, there's an opportunity for everyone to live their healthiest, best life.
That's why we offer some of the finest recreational facilities available for you to make your health a priority while you're here.
Extensive amenities of the College's Standard Process Health & Fitness Center include:
- 32,000 square foot gymnasium featuring four basketball courts, two pickleball courts, one tennis court, two racquetball/handball courts, a volleyball court and a 150-meter, four-lane walking/jogging track encircling the gymnasium
- Six-lane, 25-meter Olympic-size pool ranging in depth from 3.5 feet to 13 feet and available for open swim
- 3,699 sq. ft. state-of-the-art health & fitness center with all-new Precor cardio and weight machines
- Full set of free weights
- A dedicated aerobic room
- A stretch room for post-workout
- Full locker room facilities
- Outdoor athletic fields ideal for playing softball, soccer and flag football
The health & fitness center is open to Northeast students, faculty and staff and community membership holders
Membership to the Standard Process Health and Fitness Center entitles the member to the use of the athletic facilities, the gymnasium, pool, fitness center, locker rooms, racquetball courts and equipment.
Northeast College students, faculty and staff receive a complimentary personal membership to the health and fitness center.
Spouses/partners of Northeast students, faculty and staff can purchase an annual membership to use the facility. Children under 12 are free; children 12 years or older must purchase a membership.
Fitness center membership is also available for purchase by members of the local community.
Photo identification cards are issued to all health and fitness center members over the age of 5. Northeast students, faculty and staff can show their College ID for admittance.
|For Northeast faculty/staff/student spouses & dependents|
|Teens (13 - 18 years of age)||$35.00|
|Children (12 years and under)||NO CHARGE|
|For local/regional community members|
|Adult (21 - 61 years of age)||$385.00|
|Young Adult (18 - 20 years of age)||$250.00|
|Single Parent with dependents||$300.00|
|Northeast Alumni (Single)||$200.00|
|Northeast Alumni (Family)||$250.00|
|Senior Citizen Married Couple||$215.00|
|Monday -Thursday||Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
|6 a.m - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
- All activity must conclude 1/2 hour prior to closing when locker room usage is required.
- Hours may be altered; changes will be posted. Please call for availability of facilities.
- The following holidays are an exception to regular hours: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Members ages 13-15 who wish to use the gymnasium unaccompanied by an adult may do so on weekdays between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- All participants must have valid membership identification.
This schedule is subject to change due to programming of student activities, special events, and College holiday and break schedules. Every effort will be made to post changes in advance.
Contact the Standard Process Health & Fitness Center for specific pool times.
Northeast College offers a variety of organized intramural sports for students, faculty, and staff. We provide diverse activities that enable everyone to participate for fun and recreation, regardless of athletic ability.
In some leagues, competition is divided into levels such as beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Individuals choose their own level based on their self-evaluation of ability and the type of competition they desire.
Intramural sports at Northeast can include:
- Indoor/outdoor Soccer
- Flag football
Recreation in the Finger Lakes.
Outdoor enthusiasts can fulfill all their cravings in the Finger Lakes region. Adventure awaits in Letchworth State Park or along the historic Erie Canal. Hike or bike through scenic hills and winding roads, around lakes and vineyards. Find unique local adventure, including zip lining, ropes courses, hot air ballooning, and even tractor rides through nearby orchards and cornfields. Explore one of the eleven Finger Lakes for some fishing, swimming, or boating on peaceful waterways.
Winter activities are just as fulfilling. Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing are all pursuits to get the body moving and the blood pumping year-round.
Seneca Falls, N.Y. 13148