Applying for Aid
Many Northeast students are eligible for some form of financial assistance. The experts in Northeast’s Office of Financial Aid are here to help you find smart resources to manage the cost of your education and make it more affordable.
Aid for U.S. Students.
Northeast offers the following timeline to help students prepare for enrollment:
Six months prior to academic year start date
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Provide the Office of Financial Aid with documentation of any outside financial aid program eligibility: veterans, military service member, vocational and educational services, scholarships, etc.
Five months prior to academic year start date
- Complete Northeast Financial Aid Form on the Northeast Student Portal or Applicant Status Page.
Four months prior to academic year start date
- Complete student Master Promissory Note at https://studentaid.gov/mpn/grad/landing
Three months prior to academic year start date
- Complete student loan entrance counseling at https://studentaid.gov/app/counselingInstructions.action?counselingType=entrance
Two months prior to academic year start date
- Accept or modify the Northeast College Financing Plan on the Northeast Student Portal.
One month prior to academic year start date
Review loan disbursement notice provided in student's Northeast email account.
Aid for International Students
Northeast is happy to provide assistance in identifying potential governmental or provincial aid programs, as well as private lenders. Applying to and coordinating these funding sources is the responsibility of the student. Learn more from our Canadian and International Student Admissions page, or contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.